There was another school shooting in America. People are once again asking “Why?” and proclaiming “It must stop!” The usual suspects are screaming for more gun control and assault weapons bans.
It’s all so tiresome.
The answer to “Why?” is apparent to anyone who wants to look. The more secular and progressive (communist) American society becomes, the more sick and violent everyone becomes, including children. In no particular order, some answers to why are:
- Public schools are shitty and teach evil ideas to children.
- More kids and adults are medicated than ever before in our history.
- America is the least religious and least moral it has ever been.
- Most children probably spend more time with teachers and peers than their parents.
- Social media has created fake, vapid relationships that aren’t real and can’t meet human needs.
- Too many Americans don’t have a strong community of friends and neighbors.
- The media preaches that American history is racist, the present is chaotic, and we have no future because climate change will kill us all.
- Our society promotes materialism over meaning and purpose.
- Media has been preaching how killing unborn children is a mother’s right.
- The only people that preach that life is sacred are Christians, and at least half of them are wolves in sheep’s clothing
Why is anyone surprised when teens decide to shoot up a school? Why not? Is anyone teaching them that God is real and either eternal punishment or eternal reward awaits us when we die? Who is teaching them that life is sacred and we are all created in the image of God. Do they know that Jesus Christ loves us and paid the price for our sin? Do they hear any of that in school, or from their parents, or from TikTok?
People are flawed. We have the capacity for good and evil, and we all respond to social pressures and mores. If the society is sick, more and more members will ignore the good, the beautiful, and the True, and they will embrace evil. If we don’t have morals and standards, and if we don’t believe that life is sacred and has meaning, then nothing matters. Killing babies in the womb doesn’t matter. Killing kids in schools doesn’t matter.
C. Bradley Thompson published the first of a three-part series today, Our Killing Schools, Part 1. I encourage you to check it out and read parts two and three as well.
America needs a Christian Revival. We need Jesus Christ. We need God.
There are fewer things I’d like to see more than a Nineveh-esque mass repentance in America. The possible overturning of Roe v. Wade has given me a glimmer of hope in that sense.
Amen, without Jesus Christ, we are lost. “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” Romans 10
For future reference:
Of all those issues it may be the last one that is the most important.
If The Church would actively try and push out the wolves in sheep’s clothing and preach the beautiful powerful Truth then most of the rest would fall in place.
Agree with all of it though!