Back in February, I wrote an article that talked about getting off the keyboard and into the real world. While some folks did not care for the title, the content was fairly well received. The point was that it is easy to comment on blogs, read articles and whine, and generally lament the sorry condition of Western Culture. Those are all first steps, but we we need to actually do something.
Since then, in various conversations in the comments on multiple posts, folks have asked things like “yeah, fine, but what are some tangible things I can do right now? I don’t have much time, since I have to work two jobs to pay the bills, and we just barely get by. I cannot drive to demonstrations:….and so on. And you know what? Those are good questions, and not unreasonable.
Most of us do not have enough extra money to start new businesses or give large amounts of funds to those who do. But there are still some really good options for being involved. Some require a little money. Some require none.
So what can you do?
- Build up a local network. This is something that we come back to often, since it is important.While we Men of the West are from a wide range of locations, we are able to get together occasionally. At least once per year, we have a “BIG” gathering, but during the year, we find opportunities to hang out with those who live nearby. We have other like-minded folks, not officially part of MOTW, and they also join in. This costs you nothing but a little time. Get to know your neighbors and build relationships with those who support the same ideals you do. What you do with those relationships may depend on where you are located. In any event, you can be a support group that encourages, cajoles, admonishes, and protects one another. That is important.
- Support non-SJW converged businesses and start ups. The most obvious way is to buy their products and/or provide whatever financial support you can. Here are a few examples.
- Crypto.Fashion. These guys make our MOTW t-shirts (as well as those for Vox Day, Mike Cernovich, Ivan Throne, and others). Before going any further, I would make a couple of comments. First, we have more MOTW shirts in the works, and I think you will like them. Second, while we do make a little money from these, all of that money goes to paying for this site. None of the MOTW have made one penny in profit from this site. Now, a shirt will set you back $22 or so. I mean, you have to wear clothes anyway, right? The next time you are in the market for a shirt, consider buying one of these. Not only does it support a Hard Right business, but you can then advertise your world view everywhere you go, when you are wearing the shirt. This is a good bang for your buck.
- Men of the West mugs. Again, any money from the sale of the mugs goes into the site. If we begin to make more than we need to pay for the website, then we will begin to expand into other arenas. We have discussed podcasts, videos, etc. Those are all a possibility. While you probably won’t haul the mugs around everywhere, as you would a shirt, you can get a couple. One for home and one for work, if you are in a place that allows such things. Again, marketing your world view.
- Alt★Hero Comics. This is a direct strike at the heart of SJW-converged comics. Maybe you do not read comics. Fine. Kids love them, but all that is currently available is Commie pablum, cleverly disguised as entertainment. The current crop of comics is tepid and bland. It is time for a revival, and this is the way to do it. You are able to contribute as little or as much as you want. There are certain levels that provide you with benefits. (NOTE: While we support this project, we are not officially affiliated with it).
- Infogalactic. This is a nice option, for those with little money. The link takes you to the donation page (appropriately called “The Burn Unit”), and if you are able to support this objective alternative to the far-left Wikipedia, then please do so. There are some great works in the plans, and those require funds. If you are not able to contribute financially, you can request to be an editor. If you are accepted, with no money whatsoever, you can help the project succeed. This is a big deal. (NOTE: While we support this project, we are not officially affiliated with it).
- Be involved on Social Media. While it is important to be active in the real world, most people in the West are tuned into Social Media. Use Twitter and Facebook (or VK or MeWe, or whatever platform you choose), to spread the message about the rise of the Hard Right. Those links I provide above? You could tweet them or share on Facebook. You can follow those on the Hard Right and retweet or share their constructive posts. If you read a post you appreciate on this site (or others), then share them via social media, so your friends can be introduced to the content. The only way any of these projects succeeds is if people get involved and they can only get involved if they know about them. You also engage in strategic snark. Lots of us, as we follow the President on Twitter, like to reply to him with things like: “Good plan for businesses, now when will we see the Wall getting built?” Those can be fun, and if enough people keep tweeting such messages, the Wall remains in the public eye.
- Pray. There is nothing more powerful than the prayer of a righteous man. As scripture tells us, the prayer of righteous man avails much (James 5:16).
So many of these things involve little to no money. They do often take some time, at least up front. But if you can’t carve out time for those things that can help save the West, then you not really a man of the West. You are just a whiner.
Now, that does not mean that these are the only things you can do. There are probably local businesses and personalities that you can support. You can also engage in conversation with your elected officials. You can encourage others to do the same. Honestly, I am not sure of the usefulness of a single letter to your congressman, but if enough people send a message, those congresscritters tend to get the message. If nothing else, you can find out where they stand. If needed (and it usually is), you can help defeat them at the ballot box. If 2016 showed us anything, it showed us that Washington has not yet gained control of the ballot box. The people still have some say, which is why Trump is in the White House and not Hillary.
These are all things you can do. Get up, get busy, and let’s reclaim what is ours.